99c crankbaits

drwxr

I admit I was sold. Bought 2 at a local dollar store. Bought the biggest ones hoping they'd be the best to cast. I do appreciate not worrying about chucking them near rocks, branches, and other snags. I'll make a note of doing the modification in case the lure breaks mid-fight.

My theory is try and get good stuff at the best price, and at a buck a piece, I'm trying them hoping I find a real bargain. I tend to usually root for the little guy, the littlest guy in the fishing business is us. I'll keep you posted on how they do, and hopefully I'll find that gem in the dollar store that Snag was blessed with.

Those dollarama lures would be torn to shreds.

Yeah.. but when a Dollarama gets crushed you're out $1. When a Rapala does (had iy happen first fish with an X Rap) you're $8 or more.

In the spirit of this post I went and bought 14 lures yesterday from the dollarama.

Edited by Rich

Hey guys,

When I was going to college in london my tackle box was stolen from the deck of my fraternity house

right downtown, and being a "starving student" I had to restart my lure collection from scratch, so off

to the dollarizzo I went and for a whole season all I used was those dollarama lures....

Here's what I learnt.

The mini crank baits never swim right....I never had any real confidence in them anyways, so I didn't

bother trying to tweak them.

The poppers worked ok, but they're super light and nearly impossible to throw on a baitcaster, so I used

a spinning setup for them.

As for Snags bigger Rap style lures, I didn't have a HUGE amount of luck with his silver orange one,

but I SMOKED pike after pike one weekend on the west arm with the Green sort of perch paterned

one.

And my Go-To lure for Smallies in the Thames, was and still is the 3" pink and Silver dollarama lure.

I never had any troubles with the lures themselves falling apart, BUT I highly suggest replacing

the trebles, as they tend to rust out pretty quickly.

Good Dollarama Fishin' guys!

Cheers,

UF

I'm off to dollarama!

I admit I was sold. Bought 2 at a local dollar store. Bought the biggest ones hoping they'd be the best to cast. I do appreciate not worrying about chucking them near rocks, branches, and other snags. I'll make a note of doing the modification in case the lure breaks mid-fight.

My theory is try and get good stuff at the best price, and at a buck a piece, I'm trying them hoping I find a real bargain. I tend to usually root for the little guy, the littlest guy in the fishing business is us. I'll keep you posted on how they do, and hopefully I'll find that gem in the dollar store that Snag was blessed with.

Good luck with them Rich. Out of 14, hopefully a couple will become a "top 5" lure. That's what I'm hoping for with my 2.

This is hilarious!

This post has had more hits than Pink Floyd.

I REAAAAAAAAAAALY don't want to be the advocate for cheap lures.

Urbano Fishermano has had a similar experience with these lures. Most are CRAP. Select the winners.

This particular lure has worked I believe due to:

1. Colour

2. Pattern

3. Action (as CCMT mentioned; so messed up that opportunistic pike will attack!)

4. My rugged good looks &

5. SECRET. You'll get it quickly. it's dumb but it's timing/ lure's longevity.

Hint: Cheapness, snags, bent hooks=prolonged time in water=less harm to fish!

hUH??

Remember, A hook and a worm/minnow is cheap bait.= Gold

Don't be deceived by the alure and marketing of $$ baits.

Don't forsake Quality.

Confidence is key. or Chi.

Treat cheap lures like dead bait;

Modify and fortify.

Modify and fortify.

Disclaimer:

I shore fish. Therefore, I cannot recommend these baits for trolling.

Adiós!

Edited by SNAG

Okay so I can't count apparently, I only bought 13. lol I realize that a lot of these won't run true, but I have a lotta time before spring to tune them in the local duck park. If they don't work.. then who cares, I'm only out by a buck. If I'm fishing ponds or whatever those little topwaters should be great.

DSC01050.jpg