Headed out on Scugog this evening...

Joeytier

Since all the tributaries are undoubtedly frozen in the GTA, I decided to head up to Scugog to see if I could tie into some eyes.

We got out, got set up around the outside of a big pack in anywhere from 6-12 ft of water, and within the first hour we get the biggest perch I've ever seen up close. It was about 1 1/8 pound (I've never done much jumbo fishing). Then, about 15 minutes later I hook into a good size fish that's taking lots of line. I figure it MUST be a good size eye. I finally get a glimpse at it, and I realize I have a muskie on. We somehow managed to get it through the 6 inch hole in the ice and it probably weighed about 10 pounds! :clapping:

Other than that nothing, and the bite looked to be really slow for everyone, but the muskie made it more than worth it for me! :thumbsup_anim:

I was out Friday night and had a Muskie on myself. No way it was coming up my 5 inch auger hole. After the 3rd time I had it up to the hole it spit the hook...thankfully...so I never lost my lure. I usually manage a muskie or two every winter on Scugog. I am not a muskie fisherman and I have only ever got them by accident through the ice on Scugog. Sure is entertaining with 4LB line and a 5 inch auger hole.