~~~Phishen Lake IwouldhavetokillyouifItoldyou

oldphart

~~~Day started at 5 at my place, with Slug, and Shovel arriving to pick me up. After hitten Tim's we headed up to Terry's at Eagle Lake Adventures,

0031.jpg

getting there about 8. With lake Hal. not being safe yet to access, he suggested Lake IwouldkillyouifItoldyou, so after getting some bait, we were off to the lake, arriving there, we unloaded the car and set out on a very short walk, which I like. I sat over 48", while Slug, and Shovel moved out deeper, and sure enough Shovel get stuck buying the coffee, on the next trip with a very nice 2lb. Laker.

0032.jpg

Next was my turn, picked one up off the bottom, got him about 8" up and he was gone, them wham he hits it again, had up to the hole and as soon as he saw me away he went peeling off about 5" of line then turned and threw it back at me. He looked bigger, but I'll put him in the 4lb. range. Slug was up next, with a nice Laker, about 1.5 lbs, and he lands another one also. Boys were marking lots of phish on the Flasher units, phish coming in and looking at the bait and then moving off. finally I'm watching mine, I had left my bail open which I like to do, and then the line started peeling off, lifted the rod closed the bail, and Phish On, and after a very short fight, landed a very nice 1.5lber also. Had a few others where the line started to come off the bail slowly, then stop, believe these were Whities, and the bait was to big. By 1 we had enough, with the wind and the cold, and after a shot of medicine

003.jpg

we were going to stay for the Walleye bite, later but decided to head home.

Want to thank Terry for putting on this Lake, and a BIG Thank You to Slug, and Shovel for another great outing

Edited by oldphart