bringing a boat across the border

keep it reel

Found a boat that I am seriously thinking of buying but it is in Michigan. Just wondering how scarey it can be to bring one across. I have heard as long as you have all the paper work in check its no problem. Just thought someone on the site might have done it and have some advice. Thanks in advance.

I just a brought a boat in from Ohio 2 weeks ago...and had no problems bringing it back 20 mins at customs was all it took...make sure you have the title all 3 items ..boat motor and trailer...bills of sale for each..you pay both taxes on boat and motor...and 1 tax (gst) on trailer. any other question send me a pm

Good idea on buying it from the US Bud.

As Wayne said I've done it recenlty and it was quite easy and did save me thousands....many thousands :thumbsup_anim:

If you have any specific questions after reading the link feel free to ask and I'll tell you all I know about the process. I suggest going through Sarnia as it is faster and less crowds.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Ditto Icefisherman. Have bought 3 rigs from the US and did 1 through Sarnia, 1 through Detroit and 1 through Buffalo. Sarnia was by far the best.

I used to have the number for Customs there, you can probably google it. I found talking to them on the phone before hand also helped to make me feel secure that I had everything I needed.

Congrats on the new (to you) boat.

Charles