Moon River Cottages

hoops12

Ive done the place 3 times (back 10 years now) and I've never had anyone go further then Bill for his visitors. ( I hope its still under his guidance)

He would actually launch our bassboats with his 4 wheeler for us.

Our traditional weekend for that trip was first week of June and we found Crappie still near shallow wood cover in muck covered bays, Pike in emerging cabbage beds.

The Walleye fishing was great once we figured out what was happening and where.

Its easy to get disorientated with the amount of islands so GPS is pretty important, and pretty easy to ding a prop if your not 100% devoted to what you are doing.

Bill still runs the place. I was talking to a guy who was fishing the falls beside me last May who stays there on and off all year. Bill lets the guy keep his boat docked at the resort all year long. He had nothing but good things to say about the place.

great place and great owner .(Bill)..have been there spring , summer and fall and always have a great time...the walleye fishing can be very rough at times ...but if you find them your in for a treat......The smallie fishing is great in the fall ( to bad there not open when your there). I find the pike fishing to be OK in the spring but not comparable to further south down gbay.....you will have a blast...one of my favs :thumbsup_anim:

Nice spot.

Been there and agree that Bill is a very hospitable host.

Fishing can be hit and miss like any place, but there are some BIG fish to be found.

Chat Bill and I'm sure he'll point you in the right direction with a few tips.

Get a Map, or take it S-L-O-W

The water can shallow out quickly, and rocks are plenty in the area...

For the most part its good were the cottages are, but if you venture around take care.