Fishing Clubs Membership ??

Fish Farmer

It has been said above, but I look at OFC as a club and the only one I really need and/or have time for.

There is a decent, engaged and friendly executive committee, the dues are reasonable and there is an open discussion that runs 24/7 on multiple topics at a time.

There is a mix of age levels, experience levels, geographic locations and a wide variety of interests from angling specific interests to other outdoor interests to a myriad of other related and unrelated topics.

There is a virtual tourney for bragging rights, there are regular social events and even a polling system so the membership can vote on different things.

Like a lot of others, I do not have the time to actually go somewhere, sit in a meeting, deal with the politics, stick to a one topic agenda someone else set, etc. When I do have time, I would prefer to spending it fishing, golfing or just hanging around. And since the OFC meeting is 24/7 I can engage on my terms and when I have time.

I think lots of old school clubs are being replaced by more virtual social clubs because they offer a lot of the same benefits and maybe even more information, flexibility and social opportunities.

I know for me i just don't have the time. I work 2 jobs, my wife works part time, we have 2 kids. I just can't find the time to go as much as i would like to for the social aspect of it, talking to adults not to a 4 and 2 year old! although you kinda hafta talk like that at work to some lol :blahblah1: