no way! Record 'bow!

danbo

Cool man,

FYI though....

No ones whinning...just discussing a topic that happens to be fishing related right?

We're all in this sport together, thats why we're here. :)

I wish you luck on your quest for the next 40lb Northen.

No doubt a high bar to set for ones self.

But Might I be so bold as to suggest some humility?

Cripes dude....

even you admitted to finding a loop hole in the rules

"But as i got deeper into the records etc, i found out that they can't exclude triploid trout from World records. The main reason is due to the fact that triploid trout are a natural occurance."

Lets face facts here

Most research suggests the chances of Natural Triploid Trout occuring in the wild is about 1%....right?

Like I said Its a BIG fish no doubt, and a record "Triploid Trout" it is in my books.

Cheers,

Fang has it right....I also heard that they knew it was there and regularly fed the fish before they went after it.

Now Cliff, where did you hear that from?

I had to laugh also, Talk about tainting the storey here. Lets see, the boys regularly feed these fish, pellets no doubt. As Big as the lake is I can picture them at night jumping a fence and feeding fish out of a caged holding cell LOL This thread was really getting out of hand. I suppose that it really isn't that much different than fishing for Splake, Landlocked Salmon, or ever Great Lakes Pacific Salmon or any water-body that's stocked. I have a feeling that these guys may have a hand at a record Pike from that Lake. Whats so exciting about that fishery, is that the Lake is a Huge Reservoir ( an other hand from man) with a great future ahead of it. I'm hoping that they will build a similar Reservoir around the Battlefords here but there is a small, but powerful Lobby against it. I sure would love to catch some thing similar that's lurking in Lake Dief. I'm not surprised with some of the attitude on the Record Bow ,because I was called a liar when I stated that I caught my laker in less than a foot of water under 2 auger lengths of ice. My hats off to the Fishing Geek brothers giving their point of view. :clapping: I know they wont have the last say, or change anybodys mind that they illegally chummed (or whatever) for their fish

th_laketrout1_1_.jpg

Edited by holdfast