First ice fishing trip ever.

kennyman

Yes, I'm an "ice fishing virgin", but I'd like to change that. Sometime early in the New Year, conditions permitting of course, I would like to try ice fishing for the first time. I'd like to try somewhere within a couple hours from Brantford that has huts........... oh yeah, and lots of fish. I have a little Storm ice fishing rod loaded with Fireline Crystal that's been waiting since last Christmas to go out for it's inaugural run. Seems like this is going to be a much better year for ice fishing than last. Shouldn't be hard (or should I say"should be hard"............ ummm, the ice that is :blush: ). Where would you go for your first ice fishing adventure? Simcoe? Erie? Where?

Welcome to the world of Ice (?) Fishing. :D

Hope you have some fun.

I hope you do not become disappointed if your request for "lots of fish" is not fullfilled.

Due to the effects of global warming, do not be surprised if your best made plans are laid to waste due to lack of safe ice conditions.

They're calling for above zero temps fer the week-end, which isn't at all connnduuuuciiiiiiiiiiive to making water freeze.

We have caught perch and pike there.Later on when the ice is thicker some out fitters put there huts miles out on Simcoe for lakers and white fish but its way to early for that.Let me know in the new year if you want hook up I have a 4 man hut ,power auger ect ect ect .I pass threw Brandford on my way to Dunneville and somtimes have extra room so your welcome to come along sometime.I dont promise LOTS of fish but we always have a good time its dry, warm and FREE

We have caught perch and pike there.Later on when the ice is thicker some out fitters put there huts miles out on Simcoe for lakers and white fish but its way to early for that.Let me know in the new year if you want hook up I have a 4 man hut ,power auger ect ect ect .I pass threw Brandford on my way to Dunneville and somtimes have extra room so your welcome to come along sometime.I dont promise LOTS of fish but we always have a good time its dry, warm and FREE

Thanks for the offer. Sent you a pm.