~~~Chasen Lakers

oldphart

~~~~Slug, Shovel and I headed up to Minden to get into some Lakers, we hit the widdle tackle shop in Norland to get our minnows, then headed up to the lake, which has an open year round season on Lake Trout. When we got there we found 2 other guys checking the ice and they report 4" of black ice with 1" of snow so we headed out using the spud bar to check the ice as we headed farther out, Slug and I set up on 25' of water while Shovel went out a little further on 2.5" over 4o' of water, and sure enough he had the hot hole landing a very scrappy Laker

100_0483.jpg

about 20min. later Phish On he had his limit. Slug decided he was going to give it a try on thinner ice, not me I'll stay where I was and hold down the fort, and won't you know it he gets his very first laker

100_0484.jpg

Oh well there's always next week, we packed it in at noon and headed down to the Rock n Reel in Oshawa to warm up. Here are the boys with teir haul

100_0485.jpg

Ahhh the tiny town of Norland. I've passed through there many times..

That's close to the famous South Beaver Lake. A few km's up the road and your there. Of course I'm not at liberty to say exactly where that is.

One of the best small bass lakes in all of Ontario!!

Edited by Domi Fish