Lakers and Splake

kingjames_2nd

I am heading to some lake trout and/or splake lakes very soon and am curious to know what the fishing community would recomend as a good depth to drop my bait to? should I find a bay of 5 feet or so and drop it near the bottom? or go out to the deeps 30, 40, 60, 80 feet deep and drop it to the bottom?

keep it suspended at some medium depth?

It will probably be guess work but any suggestions you have would be greatly appriciated

thanks!

James

lakers can be anywhere in the water column this time of year. wherevere there is food, you will find them. they could be eating bugs/larvae/perch in the shallows or alewife out deep. the key is to move around if you're not seeing anything - because they move around a lot.

Edited by Raf

Well for splake,i like to findthe edge of some weeds near deeper water,if you can find them,and set up right there,sometimes they act just like walleyes....around 15ft seems to be where they like to be in small tio medium sized lakes in the bancroft area ,and well for lakers,either keep moving around or find a point,or shoal,or dropoff,and set up there if you cant move around !!!!now anymore secrets and im going to send you a bill,for services rendered!!!!..LOL..LOL :thumbsup_anim::canadian: