The sledheads are out NF

JohnF

I know what your saying John, my wife & I, along with a group of friends were heavy into sledding for years and travelled all over central Ontario every weekend on them. Stayed in motels Saturday nights and parked the sleds right at the front doors.

I had to give it up about 10 years ago because of an injury but would sure like to be out there again in this kinda weather.

Took the old sled out this morning to see if everything worked for ice fishing before going too far. Rode it around a country block almost back

to the shop, it stopped, broke drive chain maybe. 15 minute ride, hour and a half putting on trailer and taking back, so back to reading forums.

But I like the challenge, and better here than the middle of Lake Simcoe. Great day for snowmobiling.

Took the old sled out this morning to see if everything worked for ice fishing before going too far. Rode it around a country block almost back

to the shop, it stopped, broke drive chain maybe. 15 minute ride, hour and a half putting on trailer and taking back, so back to reading forums.

But I like the challenge, and better here than the middle of Lake Simcoe. Great day for snowmobiling.

Man, I hated doing chains on the old Skidoos. I always tried to hide whenever someone brought a sled in for a new track or chaincase work. And to make matters worse it was always a rush job so I was working on a cold wet sled. Wasn't so bad if we could bring it in the night before and have it all nice, warm and dry for the next day. Of course warm and dry was never an option at the race track.

JF

Man, I hated doing chains on the old Skidoos. I always tried to hide whenever someone brought a sled in for a new track or chaincase work. And to make matters worse it was always a rush job so I was working on a cold wet sled. Wasn't so bad if we could bring it in the night before and have it all nice, warm and dry for the next day. Of course warm and dry was never an option at the race track.JF

Ahh a mechanic! :)