Potential Winner Of A Darwin Award

motv8tr

At work this afternoon I was driving along the 401 eastbound and just passed the exit for Dufferin and Yorkdale I notice a man standing on the shoulder of the highway...no car in sight. I drive passed him and look in my rear view mirror only to see the fool run across the collector lanes. I jump on the radio and call it in hoping the OPP would get him before a car does. Not 5 minutes later another driver going westbound in the same area called in that he saw a man in the westbound lanes. Guess he was in a hurry??? Took about 5 or so minutes before my heart started beating normally again....Sheesh...

Maureen

Hi Mo,

I wonder what makes people do stuff like that ??? Not only are the endagering themselves but everyone else as well that travel the higway...Down are way you see the odd person in the on side andcentre median doing dumb things like retreiving baseball caps or picking up stuff that fell off other vehicles or even sawing off the head of a huge buck like a few weeks ago....

Cheers !!

A Buddy of mine hit and killed a man who was running back and forth across the QEW by the Ford Plant

at Oakville, OPP were called numerous times before hand but could not locate the person in question.

My pal had nightmares about hitting this man, turns out the highway runner was a homeless guy and

had no next of kin.

No charges were ever laid but my bud was a total wreck for a long time.

Night was raining and my buddy was driving to work at Ford, his turn to drive in his car pool.

He never forgot that sound of the man bouncing overtop the hood and roof of the car.

Wonder why folks do crazy stunts like running across a road???????????