I found this very moving... (NF)

Gerritt

I found this extremely moving.. infact I shed a tear or dozen.. Dont know why I want to share this.. but I think it is something that will all help keep us grounded... especially with the ME, ME's as Bunk mentioned earlier... no matter how bad you think you have it... Someone in life always has it worse... From the first time I watched it, it stuck with me.. Hopefully this makes just a couple of us realize what is truely important during the holiday season..

This is a story of heart break, Love and triumph..

I hope you find it as moving and raw as I did..

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/v5/content/...part1/chapter1/

Gerritt.

Gerritt, I can relate somewhat to this story. Our youngest son has difficulties as well. Not near a severe as this case but still needs constant care. I have learned twice as much from Alexander as he has learned from me. Love, patience and understanding are the first things that come to mind. He has a few words he can speak but very limited.Alex thinks differently than normal people but in some ways is much smarter. He notices everything, especially the small things that we never even give a second look, remembers places and people. He loves animals and they love him too. We were brought up Catholic and Alex loves anything that is religiously related. I'm sure he knows God personally in his heart and mind. He is 19 now and we love him dearly. Some may think Alex is strange but to me he isn't, he is Alex and always will be.

I could go on but this is just to remind us all to be kind to those that are different from us in some manner and have a little patience and understanding for them.

Thanks for posting Gerritt.

Since it's clearly a video, I can't watch it, but from the comments I get the gist of it....I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that I pick up people like that all the time at work....they sure do give you a whole new persective on life

Maureen

i will be dead honest. i started watching and had to stop to go play with my son. Im very lucky my son is very healthy and happy. part of me is really feeling lucky about it and part of me feels really bad for those who are not as lucky.

i cant imagine the feelings these people have with kids with challenges or people who have lost a child. its heart breaking just imagining.

im not sure if i will watch the rest of this or not but it sure does make me feel extremly grateful.