Aren't you jealous?

SlowPoke

Down here if you dont register to vote you dont get picked for jury duty.If you are self employed you can be excused or serve if you choose to.I know a few sucessful people who take the time to do their civic duty and would have no problem giving up a day or two to do so,but a week would get me in hot water with my customers.Good on you for doing your duty!

Joe

If you people will not serve who can you blaim when the judgment does not go the way you "too busy" people think that it should ? Dont complain about the trial verdicts if you are not willing to particpate." I have better things to do "( fishing ) does not cut it !!!!!!

Jury decides about the guilt, yes/not. The sentence is a completely different ball game

Edited by keram

I got slapped with jury duty twice and audited by the tax man all before turning 22. I told the court people I ws a student and couldnt take time away from school and avoided those ones. The tax man was a different story. I had claimed my rent for the year but had no reciept. the tax man wanted a recpiept but my land lady being the scum hose that she was, wouldnt pass one over. so after alot of hastle I ended up paying the tax man the money he said I owed, moved out of the town house and havent delt with those government types since. ( aside from voting)

Dang Brian dounds like you had a fun filled day.

I was called a couple years ago we all sat there for a long time the judge was also sitting on the bench not looking happy as there was no defence there (ala balitmore last night) he then had another person aproch him and tell him that there as a agreement the night before or on the Friday befoer I forget which day but this made him super happy as he assured us that the person who waisted our time would make it up for all of us and there was 1 person who was a no show he also assured us that they would be sitting in the court to make up the time for each of us so as I see it if there was 100 of us for 3 hours they would get to sit there for 300 hrs it pays to show up.