Okay here goes

nautifish

They are some nice pictures. I found an injured hummingbird in September. I looked after her and called all kinds of places, turns out no one knows much about hummingbirds. Anyway after 10 days i let her go (she was flying again) into a field with a bunch of flowers still blooming in it. I hope she survived. They are incredable creatures.

-Ramble

God morning rambler.

Glad you enjoyed the pics. What hapened to the hummingbird? My little cousin found one a few yrs back hanging from the branch of a tree suspended by its tiny feet. like a bat!

She thought it was injured when infact it was rejuvinating did you know that hummingbirds actually will suspend them selves from their feet from a branch in a tree and slow there heart beat right down as to build up energy. Of course they feed constanstly too when awake. . Pretty amazing.

Happy to hear she survived and yes they truley are amazing little creatures.

Nautifish. :thumbsup_anim:

They go into Torpour at night. There heart rate drops, blood pressure drops...it's mild state of hibernation. The hummingbird i had would go into it over night and come out of it in the morning. They are really slow and kinda dopey when they are in it.They do eat a lot to keep that metabolism going. Anotehr cool fact i learned is that most of them actually migrate across the Gulf of Mexico in the winter. They arn't exactly sure how they do it because when you crunch the numbers of how many calories they burn flying and how far they have to go...they should run out of juice before they make it to the other side.

Ill upload and post some pictures when i have time.

-Ramble

They go into Torpor at night. There heart rate drops, blood pressure drops...it's mild state of hibernation. The hummingbird i had would go into it over night and come out of it in the morning. They are really slow and kinda dopey when they are in it.They do eat a lot to keep that metabolism going. Anotehr cool fact i learned is that most of them actually migrate across the Gulf of Mexico in the winter. They arn't exactly sure how they do it because when you crunch the numbers of how many calories they burn flying and how far they have to go...they should run out of juice before they make it to the other side.

Ill upload and post some pictures when i have time.

-Ramble

Thats the word yes Torpor :thumbsup_anim: i was havin a brain fart with the post the other day. .lol.......

Yes it is amazing how far these birds can travel and what they have to endure also to migrate. More so with these birds because they are so tiny. Look forward to the photographs.....

Brandon thankyou.