What do i need to make a trophy?

BFSC Kevin

Looking to get a big girl at BOQ this coming weekend. So... I want to make a trophy of one if it goes 12lb +, how abouts do I do it? I don't plan on keeping the fish. What do I need to take down?

Length?

Girth?

Weight?

Anything else?

What kinds of pictures and from what angles etc...?

ALSO... Any recommendations from around the Toronto area to get this done?

I'm guessing this will run me $300-500?

Thanks for any help...

Hey Kevin!

We inquired about this last year with Advanced Taxidermy (Caledon). For a replica they need:

Length

Girth

Weight

Photos are primarily for colouration of the fish. Just a few pics of the entire fish is all they need. If there are distinguising marks on the fish...like scars etc, they suggest a pic of that area.

As far as cost is concerned, 300 to 500 may be a bit conservative. Bly caught a 32", 15 pound Walleye last year and estimates we got were somewhere between 600 and 900 bucks depending on what it's mounted on. Most places we talked to quoted by the inch....and a trophy walleye will be 30+ inches.

Talk to DTSam when you're in Quinte....his place is doing Taxidermy now....they are located in Belleville.

The best in North America is Advanced Taxidermy.

They do fiberglass replica's and they are also the most expensive but for once in a lifetime trophy, its worth it. i got my 36 inch pike and my dad's 50 inch muskie from them.

They get contracts from all over the world and are on contract with our MNR for record Ontario fish.

Walk through their showroom and you will be AMAZED at the quality of their work and the variety of fish and animals.