playing around some more

fatherof3

Was out fishing and ended up taking pics again.Think I am getting a little carried away.

sample29.jpg

sample32.jpg

sample33.jpg

sample34.jpg

sample38.jpg

I realize the horizon is off in some but I do not have a tripod(yet) so I was resting the camera on a flat rock while I stood in the freezing cold water,lol.I am really liking the way water pics look.It was a very overcast,dreary day so I tried to capture that.As always,comments are most welcome as it is part of learning and you guys are better at this than me.

Walmart sells a small tripod that extends to four feet tall, and closed is about 10". It's light and handy, good for hikes or those unexpected photo ops. It's usually 14.99 and 9.99 on sale, so it's cheap enough that you lose it, you won't break the bank. I lost one already. LOL

You can also straighten your pics with most photo software.

Low to the water pics are cool, I like to take them as well.

HDR does an awesome job on rocks, it's cool to see you include them in your pics.

That;s a great one. Even with tripod, the pics are sometimes crooked, so software makes it a lot easier to straighten out pics. You can also cut out unwanted objects, like when my dogs get the heads or tails in my pics. LOL

For those low water and low ground shots try and get a tripod with a level on it. My tripod also has legs that fold out to about 170 degrees so I can have my camera basically an inch or 2 off the ground yet still fully stable. Now of course I don't lay on the ground to look through the view finder, I just use that bubble level to make sure the shot is straight then click away. I then check the photo on my display to see if its what I was going for.....you know like is there too much ground? is there too much sky? too far to the left? too far to the right? If i think it is either of those I reposition the camera, level it out again, then snap away. One thing that sometimes gets me is the autofocus will pick up something close to the camera and the background that I was hoping for turns out to be a blur......So for that I end up taking numerous photos just so when I get home I'm not dissapointed.