Fireline Crystal vs Spiderwire Invis

Guest Fishing For Life

I'm currently using 10lb fireline crystal and love it. Low memory and great casting distance. Really strong as well, put it to the test the other day fighting a salmon. Spiderwire invis never tried but I did use the spiderwire original before and it was horrible. The color started to fade and was not very strong at all compare to the fireline. On the side note I believe the fireline was voted #1 line! (so says the packaging)

I've been using 6lb crystal all year long for jigging and light tackle applications (walleye and perch jigging, tube dragging, stuff like that) and really like it. Good sensitivity (duh its braid), nice castability etc etc. I tried the regular fireline heavier stuff (20lb) and really didn't like that (vs power pro) but I swear by the crystal for lighter stuff. Have never tried the spider wire so can't comment on that.

f5e80472163b0e3e8dd3426aad49095b.jpg

Considered at one point to be ICAST's "Best In Show," I might have to call it, "Garbage I Know."

Pretty solid add compaigning. You could find this line anywhere.

I picked up two spools last Xmas. Spooled an Abu Cardinal C3 spinning and an ultralight Quantum reel. Both saw a fair bit of testing with this line over the course of the year. 20 and 10lb test.

Out of the box I was like "WHAT THE FEEERAWK???" This is weird brittle stuff that kinks like wire. Figured though with it's heavy teflon-like treatment it should be smooth... well it was not, not at all.

The line frayed like no other. It frayed and kept fraying and got noisy. The woven strands in the line came unwoven and retying every time you could find somewhere on the line where the strands had separated.

Knots slipped. This happens, sometimes with any line, but this line more than others. And it was a palomar every time.

For ice fishing it doesn't repel ice any better than any other line and is therefor pretty much same as any line on the ice.

The one OK thing I could say about it though, was for garbage it seemed pretty tough. When I got hung up the line would hold strong as any other but, instead of a bent hook like say, on a jig, what would happen is the knot would slip too easy.

Two spooled up outfits with this line, January to October, two thumbs down.