shimano reels!!

fishingguy28

hey guys

i was wondering if anyone has any used shimano curado's or chronarchs for sale... or a place that i could get them for a decent price....

oh and they have to be lefty's

thanks !!!

You could try reelfishingdeals.com he usually has some decent prices. Even better with the exchange now.

I purchased 2 reels (Curado 200DHSV) from www.reelfishingdeals.con 2 seperate times. $165.00US with free shipping. They have great prices and delivery. Very personalized. From now on, that's where I get all my Shimanos. I may consider the new Shimano Core. Love It!!!!

AMAZING PRICES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there duty on shipments of fishing gear out of the states? I seem to recollect someone saying there was no duty for fishing gear, but if so there will likely be brokerage fees as well. I got caught on this with some dive gear a few years ago. Turned what looked like a great deal into a not so good one in the end.

JF

Hey all. Think I can help with the question about duty charges on cross border shopping for fishing gear. I've been doing some shopping the past while with a couple outfitter type stores out of Minnesota and getting some great deals on St. Croix rods, Team Daiwa and Shimano reels. Here's the scoop as explained to me by the Brokerage folks at the border. Thanks to the free trade agreement, there is no longer any duty on North American made merchandise when bringing it across the border (attention boat shoppers). With the dollar at parity, don't even think about buying your boat on this side of the border right now. You will save 20 - 30 points on new if you buy Merc/Evinrude motors and American made boats. As long as you have the correct paperwork, you can drive down, pick up your craft and only be responsible for GST (possibly PST) when you cross the border. It will take a year to two years before pricing adjusts on this side of the border to the new world we live in.

Ok, back to the fishing gear. You may be responsible for some brokerage fees when your shipment comes across but again, as long it's North American made, no duty. If your purchase is made outside the U.S., technically, duty can be assigned. There is so much merchandise moving back and forth across the border right now, that Customs may NOT assess duty if the shipment originated in the U.S. I'm pretty sure it's hit and miss merely because they can't be dissecting every waybill, looking for what brand the gear is and where it was made. Hope this helps you guys, I'm doing some more shopping in the next couple weeks. Definitely, going to check out that reeldeals site, sounds interesting.....

Tight lines,

There are no duties, but you have to pay GST & PST upon delivery, plus $5 for brokerage fees. So far this year I've bought four reels from that site mentioned above, and every transaction has been smooth sailing. Total price for a Curado including S&H, taxes, and brokerage fees: $193. Hard to beat this price anywhere in Canada.