Hello all!

Mojoe

Hi everyone. My name is Mike, and I am a fish-o-holic.

I came across your forum as I was "googling" up some fishing news. I am 42 yrs old and from Sherbrooke, Quebec.

I used to fish Lake Ontario religiously up until 6-7 years ago, until some jerk-off stole my boat right out of my boathouse on Lake Memphremagog.

My canon mag 10's and rods/reels went with it. Let me say from experience.....even if you think your boat is too old to insure, do it anyway ;)

Anyway, I gave up fishing for a while and bought a motorcycle instead. After 5-6 years of that, I heard the waters calling to me again. So this spring I picked up a 14 footer with a 9.9 merc. I call her my puddle jumper. She aint pretty, but it's perfect for hauling over northern logging roads to get into "rarely fished" lakes.

Before my other boat was stolen, I had made a trip to Picton the winter before that. It was in December and the water was still open. In 3 days we caught maybe 25-30 fish. at least 10 were over 10lbs, and three or four were over 14. I gotta tell ya....I loved it. who wouldn't?

I went back last winter after it was froze over, but was at the mercy of some "guide" out of Trenton who charged me big bucks to sit in his drafty ice hut over a spot that didn't mark any fish for two days. I do not want to repeat this.

So this is why I am here. I would like to make some new "contacts" in the Quinte area who might be willing to assist a fellow fish-o-holic from time to time. You know.....an active walleye fisherman who is willing to share a bit of their knowledge. It's a 5 hour drive for me, so that can be a long ways to travel for 2-3 days of fishing when you are not familiar with the waters. And don't worry....I won't clean you out of fish. I am 99.9% catch and release. I only keep the occasional one to fry up for dinner.

If anyone is interested, here is a bit of incentive. I live on Lake Memphremagog, which has Ouananiche (landlocked atlantic salmon), browns (my close friend holds a record with a 16kg brown from this lake), and walleye as big as any you would find in the Bay of Quinte. A vermont record was set with a 15+ pounder at the US end of the lake (in the river at spawn time), but was rejected because it was foul hooked. plus 10lb+ rainbows, 20+ lake trout, as well as some good size largemouth and smallmouth bass. they say there is musky and big northers as well, but in all my life on this lake, I never saw any.

So there you go. If you want to assist a fellow fisherman in the Quinte region, I would gladly show you around my lake if you ever make a trip down this way. :Gonefishing:

Thanks guys.

and Roy...for sure. I am like that other guy who posted from Toronto....in need of fishing buddies because mine do not fish.

I was in Picton this last weekend on a scouting trip. I want to go up before freeze over with my small boat. At the moment, I am still in search of

a couple of folks who would like to share the trip. or at least one guy. my better half will go with me if no one steps up, but isn't a fishing trip partly to take a vacation from the better half? lol jk.

anyway, we should talk. we live fairly close to each other. I have heard some good things about fishing around Montreal. know anything about that?