Go Home Lake? Late report!!

ilario

Might be taking Dad up to this area tomorrow. I was thinking of Go Home Lake as it's fairly close to the GTA and Muskoka's always good for colour at this time of the year... I heard the launch is on the south side of this lake (off Go Home Lk road??) - what about the fishing? As long as he has some action, he'll be content.. and so will I!

Anyone suggest a location to start on this lake? The info I have is that the north side near a waterfall might have walleye. As well, there's an island in the same area with a shoal on the west side that is supposed to hold pike and walleye..? I've never fished this lake. I have fished Severn/Honey Harbour, but we'd like to change it up.

Any help would be appreciated! Or, if someone can suggest an alternative within a similar distance...

thanks in advance

PP

Edited by Poachers Paradise

Thanks Rizzo... is it a decent launch?

We're probably going to use tubes tiped with worms - maybe live minnows. Do they seel live bait there? i got worms..i was thinking about minnows, otherwise I'll buy em at the 400 baitshop

How's the pike fishing?

Would you recommend the north or south section of the lake?

thanks again...

I never actually used the launch, but I did catch a nice smallie over near the rock face by the marina. I believe the store there only had worms I had a girlfriend with a place up there and they would leave their boat in the water so I never brought mine up (hence no use of the launch). Which area is north and which is south I couldn't tell you, but they were on Rabbit Island and there were all kinds of bass in the bay their cottage was in. i didn't fish much (wasn't allowed :D :D ) but when I did manage to sneak out it was either in the bay infront of their cottage for smallies, or over by the falls for pickerel. There are actually 2 sets of falls, a smaller set a couple of hundred meters (I believe) to the right of the obvious falls. Fishing the shopreline between the 2 falls worked for me. We caught very few pike in that area, I was told that pike fishing was better at "the other end of the lake"...whichever end that was, I never looked at a map, usually had someone who knew the lake with me if I was venturing any distance.