Finally

Jen

Well it took me long enough...

This morning (pretty sure it is Thursday) Steve and I went hunting... He had found this great field and with the farmers permission we set up before dawn... If you read my previous post from the weekend you are aware that I have this thing about learning and watching... when it comes to shooting I wasn't doing so well. This morning changed all that. I figured I had paid enough attention and today , waste of shells or not, I was going to shoot...

The pictures are not great, but atleast they tell the story.

Thanks Zoe for fetching so beautifully today! And Thank you to Steve for your patience and being my Guide... I couldn't have picked a more patient person. Although next time do you have to bring so many decoys???LOL

Hunting2007002.jpg

Hunting2007003.jpg

Hunting2007004.jpg

It is a start and helps with the motivation to have actually managed to drop a bird from the sky...now more practice for me! Squirls maybe??

Cheers,

Jen

Congrats! Glad to see your persistence paid off. I have yet to get out hunting this year but I got my first turkey this fall, sure is a good feeling to get your first.

I totally agree with you ... knowing that all the hard work you put into learning is paying off makes those cold mornings worth every second...

congrats on your Turkey...

Cheers Jen

I totally agree with you ... knowing that all the hard work you put into learning is paying off makes those cold mornings worth every second...

congrats on your Turkey...

Cheers Jen

Cold wait till you have to set 40 to 60 Decoys in chest waders in 34 deg water temps then you will see cold .was nice to see a big smile on your face when that goose hit the ground :clapping: ..plenty more learning exp and hunting trips ahead .. :thumbsup_anim: Fishmaster ..