Perch report for Photoz...

Beans

"STB?? How are you guys finding your fave perchin' spot? Badly weeded up? I took a run up to Barrie last week . . . . the whole Tiffen boat launch area is blocked off . . . . . constructing SOMETHING? Up toward the fountain, and up just north of the marina it's so badly weeded up, you'd need about 5 ounces of lead to get your bait down through 'em! Didn't even try. I still have very little night vision . . . . that 3 months of treatments really screwed my vision, but, it's STARTIN' to come back. Hopefully I'll be in decent shape for when the trout show up. I'll be watchin' for your results posted later today . . . . I guess that ditch you use for a boat launch will be dried right up by now?"

"STB" ?? (What this mean?)...we had no problem dropping the boat in the creek as there was lots of rain the night before...good to hear your sight is better...there were a lot of lillie pads but not many weeds...once past them just open water...

Monday 24 Sept 2007...Crappieperchhunter and I thought we needed some cooler weather but we took a run over to Simcoe anyways as the carp had let us down on the weekend...

We ended up having a real good day despite the warm temps...the basket contained 21 perch between 9" to 12" (our self imposed slot limit)...1-Crappie (11") and 3 rather large Worlds Greatest Sportfish (all close to 11")

Before we left we were tossing back 10 inchers along with the dinks and the 3 or 4 that were over our slot limit (12")

Wednesday 26 Sept 2007...We took another run at them this morning...Started out looking like it was going to be a lousy day...no sooner got on the water and the rain (drizzle) started on and off for the first couple of hours and the fishing was no hell (only one 11" perch and a slab crappie in the basket)...after moving around some we found one area that was non stop for various species...Biggest pumpkinseeds I've ever seen...large (11" and smaller) copies of the Worlds Greatest Sportfish...a couple or three bullheads with not a mark on them...and lots of perch...some in our slot size (9" to 12") and only a couple over size that were quickly released...All caught on Fin-S minnows under a slip float...even the bullheads...

I didn't keep any for myself this trip but we saved 13 perch, and 2 slab crappie for Crappieperchhunter's mom...

Good times !!!...I really enjoyed Steve's holidays with him this year...Thanks for sharing pal !!!

Edited by Beans

Friday 28 Sept 2007...

Got a call from Crappieperchhunter last night..."Beansie, I got an e-mail from my boss saying that I can have the weekend off...do you want to take another trip to Simcoe for some perch?"

Do I...you bet your donkey I do !!!

The weather didn't sound too promissing but away we went...(that's why we own rainsuits...right?)...we only had one real bad downpour around 10:30 AM but were lucky enough to pull into an unused boat slip to wait it out 'till 11:00AM...then it rained on and off all morning but not heavy enough to run for cover again...

The bite was on !!!...God only knows how many perch, crappie, Worlds Greatest Sportfish, we caught...our slot limit today was everything under 10" and everything over 12" went back in except the one big crappie Steve caught (14")

We ended up keeping 10 perch and 14 crappie for people food and four large (10") rock bass that will get fed to my two cats...They eat raw pollock whenever we treat them to it, so I'm soaking the rock bass fillets in a sea salt brine and I hope they like it...