My First Area 51 Expedition (my version of the one BBR already posted)

Sugarpacket

For the first time since I had my son I finally got to head out with BBR and Greensot for some good fishing that doesn't involve carp. We headed out to area 51 where we all had some hits but finally my dollar store balloon, that BBR and I were using as bobbers, went down and I ripped up, yup I bagged myself a nice size snapping turtle.... luckly it came off with ease and didn't snap my line, then after some more waiting I finally got my new pb (my 5th this year! go me) a hammer handle pike!

DSC00490.jpg

But me being the wuss I am I was too afraid to hold it so BBR did and I just stood beside him hoping it wouldn't bite me. After more waiting BBR started shouting like a kid in a candy store as his balloon submerged into the water and he hooked into a nice size snapper too. After that some time BBR got excited again and pulled up a nice size largemouth.

DSC00491.jpg

So the Key to Area 51 is you have to get a snapper before you can get a fish. Finally as the day wound down and GB, BBR and I were packing up. BBR cast out one final time and caught a bullhead to our suprise.

DSC00493.jpg

All in all I'd say it was a great day and I hope to do it again before the ice comes.