My first Salmon

danw

I landed my first salmon last night. I waited till I got the pictures from my friend before I made my post.

From the many post of salmon reports I felt that I was spending more time reading post than fishing. Especially after ccmt's amazing streak, I got some gear and gave it a try for my first time.

After many skunked nights, unrepairable bird's nest, broken rod, tangled lines, missing cleo's, many many missing cleo's, and other mishaps I finally got a few hits, my no takers. It wasn't until last night till I got my first salmon.

Two buddies and I headed out for the tribs for some late night fishing. It wasn't too long before I got the first hit. We were chucking cleos. It was close to midnight.

20_09_07_2134.jpg

It wasn't until I landed my first fish till I realized I forgot my camera. Good thing my friend's cell phone had a camera, or else it would not be as convincing it we told our stories to people.

20_09_07_2252.jpg

It wasn't until long until my buddy caught this. That is me posing with it. It is a trout but not sure what kind.

20_09_07_2257.jpg

After a while of chucking spoon's I landed another one. :thumbsup_anim:

It was an amazing experience. The adrenaline really starts kicking in as soon as you spool goes zingggggggggggg. We all had a great time, were thinking of heading back again. This is staring to become an expensive and addictive sport.

Congratulations on your first salmon! They sure are fun. The tackle losses can get to you but in time, you learn where to cast on how to retrieve to limit the losses! We have a few cell phone pictures also, never seems to fail that when you forget the good camera, someone lands a nice one! Note*You can't fool the fishing gods by deliberately leaving the camera home lol

Hey Dan!

Congrats on the first one! Some beauty fish there. All the hard work that goes into it...can be daunting at times, frustrating, wondering why he heck you are out there. You think about the cash you've spent, the tackle you've lost, and the time you've wasted. Then...one smashes your lure, it takes you on a ride, your adrenaline kicks in, you think you've lost it...NO...it's still there...more adrenaline....then worrying about a break off, it comes painfully close...you can almost touch it....it goes on another run....then finally it comes in.

You land the Salmon, you're hyped on adrenaline, you cant sleep that entire night...replaying it over and over in your mind. All those thoughts you had just minutes before that last one hit are gone...you are thinking "what else can I buy".

If any of this sounds familiar, then you're hooked on this sport....once the salmon are gone, you'll obsess about steelhead this fall, then heck, give ice fishing a try, then steelies again in the spring, bass in the summer....hope you have lots of money....LOL

Congrats on the first one...it's always the sweetest. Enjoy the feeling.