Grey county/Bruce peninsula

duckdog

First I would like to say hi, I am new to the board here. Second I am looking for a couple pike and walley inland lakes in grey/bruce any suggestions at all would be great for walley all I have heard is Chesley, Cameron, Gould and for Pike McNab and Rankin river and suggestions and fishing quality would be great :-) I am a catch and release guy so size doesnt matter just out for some fun :-)

Nelson

Thank you ccmtcanada, misfish and ranger520vx care to share your experiences there? Would be great to here, I have fished a few inland lakes up here Mountain, Aaran, McCullough and Bells all with only good bass results but I am a pike fan and just starting to get hooked on walley I also had great luck with jumbo perch a few weeks ago at Aaron lake conservation, Bell's lake I had no real luck but its just an amzing looking lake, Mountain lake is hard to get at a guy I met let me use the tax payers launch so to speak and there are monster smallies in there caught a few between 4 and 5lbs and one tiny pike that seemed to follow me all day but would not hit anything lol, by the way I live in Owen Sound thats why I am looking for some hints, I lives most of my life in the Port Severn area and had no problem with getting a load of pike :-)

Nelson

Check your PM for my special advice to you Nelson.

These lakes are clear so artificial lures should be good replicas of the real thing. You can't beat an black yellow bucktail jig along cabbage weedbeds or a Rapala Shad Rap in Perch colour. Fluorcarbon line is worth the $$ in these situations.

I always start FAST with horizontal lures like jerkbaits and crankbaits on rocky / sandy areas and only slow down if I'm not hooking up.