Hookset question

rapala14

ok, heres the thing... i have 2 different musky outfits, one rod is medium heavy, the other is heavy. one i use to throw small to mediate size bucktails and what not, the other to throw big bucktails. haha, as you can see my favorite musky bait is bucktails. anyway, my question is should i get a better hookset on my lighter rod or on my pool cue?

i figure i should be getting a better hookset from the heavier rod, but i've hardly ever missed a fish on my lighter rod. where as i've lost quite a few on my heavier rod. the sharpness of the hooks doesnt have anything to do with it either... they're all sticky sharp.

any ideas?

how many fish are we talking about here? Sometimes to get the real trend you've got to base it on a high number of experiences. In the short term, all kinds of weird things can look like trends.

other things to consider...do the larger baits have stinger hooks? Also, if you're hooking muskies at boatside (not entirely uncommon :D ), a pool cue rod with no stretch line can pull a fishes lips off (or the bait out of their mouth, whichever comes first)