Ayone use a Quantum Energy E750PT?

evster

Guest Johnny Bass
Has anyone used these? I found someone selling one that they haven't used for a pretty good price. Opinions?

Is it the purple one? I bought a Quantum Energy E5 or something like that was not used much for $50. Its an older model but has been good to me. I would Imagine the newer models being better.

If its in mint condition and cheap? I would say go for it.

Guest Johnny Bass

Checked it out. It looks like a decent reel but has a low gear ratio. 5.1:1. Depends on what you are using it for. Probably good for crank baits and spinner baits

Ya, its mint condition for 100 bucks.

Does the slower gear ration mean its going to retrieve slower? The one I have now is 6.3:1. I was hoping to use it for jigs and anything else I see fit. I'm still new with baitcasters so I have no idea what is good for what. So far I have been happy with my 6.3:1 reel for jigs and spinnerbaits and buzzbaits. I think it might be hard to burn a spinnerbait with the slower reel, but should it not work ok for jigs?

Guest Johnny Bass
Ya, its mint condition for 100 bucks.

Does the slower gear ration mean its going to retrieve slower? The one I have now is 6.3:1. I was hoping to use it for jigs and anything else I see fit. I'm still new with baitcasters so I have no idea what is good for what. So far I have been happy with my 6.3:1 reel for jigs and spinnerbaits and buzzbaits. I think it might be hard to burn a spinnerbait with the slower reel, but should it not work ok for jigs?

Yes it means it retrieves very slow. My Quantum Energy is also 6.3:1. Slow retrieve is good in cold water, like cold fronts, spring and fall. I'm not sure if I would use it for jigs though. I personally cant cast a jig far with my baitcaster, but then again, its old and beat up now. I also wouldn't use it for tube jigging, worming or flipnjigging. I prefer a faster gear ratio for that, so I can reel in that excess line in a hurry when I get a pick up.