Camera Suggestions

Uncle Buck

- and I already have 14 reels hanging on my den wall, and at least one rod for each of 'em. On the floor there are two largish tackle boxes (full), so don't get to thinking I'm inclined to be fearful of acquiring new toys.

JF

It occurs to me that this part of the post comes off like some kind of bragging. It wasn't meant to sound that way. Truth is most of those setups were purchased very very cheap (and feel like it) or I got 'em used somehow. :blush:

Fiddling with mechanical things is a hobby of mine. It's fun trying to make a cheap reel work something like decently and then to match that reel with a cheap rod to get a somewhere near decently balanced setup. One of my favourite combos is a $9.95 reel bought from a bin at Dick's Sports mounted on a $10 rod found in a clearance sale at Gander Mountain. A little fiddling with the reel to make the drag work better and voila - a pretty nifty & very light rig for peanuts. It's kinda light in the action but great fun for Bass and panfish.

JF

http://www.panasonic.ca/English/audiovideo...ill/DMCTZ2.asp#

Gone through a few in recent years.

Fuji...... OK but sharpening pics lead to striations in skylines worse than any other. Weird.

Canon....... OK but crappy image viewer. More expensive models take nice shots as I'm learning, and have better veiwers.

Pentax Optio....... garbage. 9-12 shots per 2 AA's.

Sony... think it was, maybe it was a Kodak. DanC has/had something like it. 3MP and one of the older digi

models. Anyway, always liked that camera.

I now have my second Lumix. This one is $349 at Futureshop Buck and so far is mint. A must have now for me is the Lithium rechargeables that last waaaaaay longer than any AA's and charge quick. I also need batteries that work in the cold and AA's are totally unreliable once the camera comes out of the pocket for any length of time. My Lumix on many days I just leave wrapped in a towel in the fishing box when on the ice. Leica lenses rule too IMO. My older 4MP Lumix has never steered me wrong, so far I'm liking the model above as well. Will be posting big reports soon with some pics from both Lumix cameras.