~~~Simcoe Perchen Report

oldphart

~~Well Slug and I got up to McAuthers to met up with Sun8ca, only to find they weren't open. (DWAT) oh well it will be grubs and spoons today. It the launch and headed out, to a spot I liked and so did the Terns,m and started marking large schools of bait with active hooks around them. Dropped a Swedish Pimple down and on the second jig "SLAM" "PHISH ON" great, hit like a bigen, and ended up being 6" long with an attitude, well wasn't to much long then Slug gets one, okay we got the spot, and his turned out to have really big chip on it shoulders, the lure was bigger then it, but he fought hard. We had a few hit and miss, then one slam my hook just as the phone rang. Missed the call, lost the phish (Thank Sun8ca).Sun8ca, old horseshoe, and their bud Mike arrived, and there went the neighbour hood. Decided to head out deep to 40ft,, and watch the birds, we marked bait most every where we stopped, but no hits or they were real light taps. Met up the boys from Mega-City phishen team, pre-phishen for the Rocky's Tourney on the 30th. both Slug and I are entering.

It wasn't until 1:00 that the Perch seem to turn on, and I was able to land the only decent phish of the day, 9 more and were in the money. Not to be ended up with a total of 7, only one keeper. Checked the fuel gauge and it's below the "E" plenty of fuel NAAAA, we packed it up and headed in, for Fries, and Burgers at Skippers