Killbear Information and tips!

azianice

Hey all,

I'm planning a fishing trip while camping out at Killbear Provincial Park mid September and I am looking to rent some boats. I unfortunately do not know where or how I can find a relatively cheap boat rental place and if I can get any discounts if I rented 3 boats at a time.

I am also looking for fishing advice for this lake.

So far, I've gone fishing at Rice Lake and had mild success with Live Minnows and virtually no success with crankbait and spinners with tubes on the end. I am planning on bringing all 3, but not quite sure if anyone has any advice with Killbear, is the fishing much different there?

Please let me know if any of you have some expertise you can share with me so that my friends and I can go there and have something to eat. Yes, we made the bold move of saying "no fish no eat". Whether or not we can actually pull this off is beyond me, however I would love to have an advantage and get fishing right away on the Georgian Bay. We're mainly fishing for some nice sized Bass (Smallies and Largemouth), and some dawn walleye fishing also. Please let me know your insight!.

thanks for the response guys, I will definately check out Snake Island (hopefuly they will point out where it is on a map when I get there). Also I'm looking for a boat rental place near killbear...and if possible one where i can rent for a few days (I know some open at 9AM which is much too late for my liking!)

Well it seems after hours of calling around Parry Sound, no one rents out boats for use around the Killbear/Georgian Bay area. It is starting to look like I will need to use canoes again...so, since I've never been to Killbear or Georgian Bay for that fact, and that my arms are weak like a 2 year olds, anyone have an idea of some nice spots in and around Killbear Provincial Park? let me know!

i was camping in killbear about 2 weeks ago. the fishing really sucked. we fished both georgian bay and a small lake on the way to the park, and didn't get a single fish. perhaps it was the timing, cause it was right after some heavy rain. we did see one guy pull out a nice pike with a trailing pike that was never caught at Blind Bay (where we stayed). we rented canoes from the detour store and canoed the small bay at kilcoursie and also raby lake or something like that... on the way to the park.

Yep not sure where you looked but theres lots of places to rent boats.

My family has a cottage on Deep Bay which is just off dilon road.

If you look for the sign that says Inverlochy Resort take the road.

Its just a gravel road and its quite long but they do rent boats.

They are older and pretty beat up but the owners are A1 and having gone

to deep bay for 24 years, I dont think Ive seen anyone stranded in them.

Id tell you a few spots but Id have to kill you.