Is it just me or did the lunar eclipse affect feeding habits of the fish?

Anatz

I went to grenadier pond today and around 6pm to 8pm, the fish were all acting crazy. They pretty much ate anything that dropped in the water, well only my stuff. There were about 8 fishermen there and I was pretty much the only guy catching fish non-stop. They were using worms and shrimp while I was using a piece of plastic the exact size of this little box [ ]. Anyways I broke my record of like 60+ pan fishes. Usually when I go there, I catch around 12-20. And today I caught my first black crappie! I didn't know there were black crappies and it was probably around 1.5 pounds. I was jigging my berkley honey worm under the barge I was standing on and BAM it just attacked my bait. Anyways it was a good fishing day. I hope everyone else had a strange day catching tons of fish, maybe due to the lunar eclipse.

Congrats Anatz on what sounds like a very successful evening's fishing.

I was thinking of heading down to Grenadier Pond one evening soon to try and add Black Crappie to this year's list of species caught. I too was pleasantly surprised to catch quite a few Black Crappie in the pond last year in among the usual pumpkinseed and bluegill!

I caught my first crappie 60 some odd years ago in Grenadier Pond...someone told us it was a calicoe bass...so that is what we called them for years until I read in a magazine what the correct name was...

I recall we used to stand on a log that extended out into the water on the west side...using a willow switch, a bit of line and a hook and worm...

Nice to hear they are still in there...