Bass fishing

Jay T

Well Friday I decide to take my step son out for a couple of hours to do some fishing. It was good job that I did the bass were feeding up before the front coming. I only shut the motor off and BANG 2 1/2 lb lmb, so I put him back get the kid set up and no longer than I pick up my rod and he had a little bass on. Was his first lmb 8" he was thrilled. Set him back up again let him at it, I cast out my 6" Worm again and my line starts running, lay into him another 2 1/2 lb lmb. As soon as I put him back the little guy has one on again this one was a little better 1/2 lb lmb. Took a while to get him to hold it but he did and released him back to the water. Not to long after that I hear him yelling I got a big one, I look over and his Sponge Bob fishing rod is bent BIG time, he just says I can't hold on anymore and it let go. It must have been a good bass, I thought he was going to go water skiing soon if I didn't help. Over all Friday was great I ended up getting 8 bass in about 1 1/2 hrs ranging 2lb - 3 1/2lb. Just made it to shore and down came the rain big time.

Sunday went back out in the morning took my faithfull companion Cody (Yellow Lab) out to do some fishing with me. Caught a few 1 1/2lb bass and a 12" perch. My buddy ends up calling me askes what I was doing and that he was coming up, so after a couple of hours I took the boat back home, met up with him and hit the water again. Hit the usual spots pulled a few 1-2lbs out, then switched up and hit some other spots. He put on his jig and pig and I stuck with the worm, started to hit them pretty good he got a couple of 3-3 1/2lb and a few 2lb, I got 3, 1-2 1/2lb then switched up to a spinnerbait and caught 3 more 1/2lb to 1 1/2 lb. Over all not a bad weekend.