Need help with my motor!

danbouck

I decided to have a look at my impeller on my 55 HP Chrysler to make sure that was the problem that I had. But I took it all apart to have a look and the impeller looked fine, the water pump and gasket looked fine. I ran water through the lines to make sure that they were not clogged and it still is not pumping water out. Could the impeller still be the problem? Am I overlooking something? Please help I need this going in 2 weeks!

Your impeller can still be bad. Just because it's in one piece doesn't mean it's still good. The impeller becomes weaker & more flexible over time. The more flexiblity in it the lesser water it will draw.

Did you check to see if there are any scratches in the impeller housing? On most outboarts the impeller is locked inplace by a key (a pin that incerts into the shaft), make sure that is still good else the impeller won't turn properly or not turn at all.

Edited by Zib

Got it working :thumbsup_anim: Turns out the line was still clogged up so I made up a hose and connected it to the intake hose and blasted it out. I did however find water coming out of the lower unit where it bolts on as well as water mixed with the oil. So i'm assuming seals will fix it right up. Right?