What a load of horse-hockey pucks!!!

Beans

A few things to ponder,

1)No Columnaris was found in Scugog dead carp. This was in the paper as released by the MNR.

2)That bacteria affects more justcarp so other species would have died

3) This was not the result of spawning stress of poulation as the spawn was well over when the dead ones showed up in the other lakes.

4) Carp Suck

5) The MNR Lies all the timeso why would anyone even believe that they even ran any tests, let alone release the actual results. They don't have enough money to drive the carp to the testing facility I am so sure they would have enough money to run a bunch of expensive tests.

It was obviously some carp related disease. Was it put in by the MnR? I doubt it. They just don't care and they know that 95 percent of the population doesn't give a carp about carp. :)

My only concern is they they were soo fast to say the water was safe for normal use before they even had any wif of what could have been wrong. This fact was very disturbing to me.

Edited by jedimaster

My only concern is they they were soo fast to say the water was safe for normal use before they even had any wif of what could have been wrong. This fact was very disturbing to me.

The only reason they would have results so soon on water, is they can get the results within a day or two.

In order to culture bacteria.......it takes time......and lots of different tests......more time.....different temps......different moisture content.....many variables......lots of time is the bottome line. I honestly don't think the MNR know what happened. I know some people who would have gotten results firsthand from the MNR, and they know as much as all of us do.

Whatever it was, it hasn't effected any other fish populations as far as I can see. This summer has been a great one for walleyes and musky on all the infected lakes that I've fished......so really.....its not hurting anyone/thing. The carp needed to be thinned out a bit, and there's still lots of them around.....I see them all the time.

Sinker