Last couple of fishing trips

pikehunter

I haven't posted a report for a while, sorry about that. :blush: Just had to take the time to do the downloads.

We went to the Grand River for a few successful trips in the early Walleye season. :D And the last 2 trips to that area we concentrated on L. Erie for bass around Gull Island, Port Maitland.

The bass haven't cooperated with us there this year, :( but the gobies and sheephead did! :w00t: Twice my wife got onto a smallmouth but lost them both right at the boat. With the lack of success there we would try up the river but the eyes have pretty much left the river at this time of year.

Two weekends ago we went up to Orillia for a few days and just fished for perch in Simcoe at the narrows.

Launching on Sunday the sky looked iffy, heavy clouds and windy but we ventured onto the water and got into the bluegills. After about 45 minutes out the air became really humid and the wind was a little different, a storm was coming. We headed back to the ramp, loaded the boat onto the trailer and just started to get the cover on the boat and it hit.

We didn't get the cover tied down but it was secure and we just waited it out inside the van. The heavy rain, thunder and lightning didn't last long and we scooped off the water, tied the cover down and went to check into the hotel.

We ended up with a huge room! Two TV's, one in the sleeping area and one in a second room with a couch and table! Off to the heated pool (had to be at least 88 degrees F.) for a swim and then off to town to wonder about.

Next day we launched at the narrows for perch again. The fishing was fantastic! (At least for August.) We kept a dozen keepers for the ice chest and tossed back many runts a few bluegills and rockbass rounded things out.

On Tues. morning we went to launch but the wind was wicked and freezing cold! We were dressed for warm weather so we waited around to think about it and a couple pulls in with a 12' tinny with one of those Briggs and Stratten 5hp 4 dtrokes on it.

I had to check this out, always wanted to hear one of these air cooled motors run. He started it up for us to demonstrate it. Yes they are very loud! By the way, it was too cold for them too so they never bothered to launch either.

On the way home we made a pit stop into BPS and donated 50 bucks to the cash register. At least I found the Dressed Mepps Brown Trout Spinner I have been hunting for the past 2 months! We got a few of them as it's hard to find this colour.

Ignore the time (and prob some of the dates?) on the imprints. For whatever reason it keeps changing on it's own?

Lots of these guys around Gull Is and the Grand

Sheepheadagain.jpg

Gull Island

GullIs1.jpg

Don't know why this happened but it's cool

dunnowhathappenedtothis.jpg

Can you see the coyote chasing the roadrunner?

doyouseetheroadrunnerbeingchased.jpg

The room, pretty big for the money, we lucked out this time

hugemotelroom.jpg

The view of Couchiching from our window

viewofcouchichiongfromourroom.jpg

The rear of the hotel showing where the indoor pool is. Does anyone know this place?

anyonerecognizethisplace.jpg

The Narrows Ramp

thenarrowsramp.jpg

Looking down from the narrows boatramp dock

rocksatthenarrowsramp.jpg

My son with one for the bucket

sonwithoneforthebucket.jpg

He'll get this one again next year

hewillgetthisoneagainnextyear.jpg

Biggest perch ever!

biggestperchever.jpg

My son relaxed at the tiller

myboyalittletoorelaxedatthetiller.jpg

He's still relaxing! Amazing how the old gameboy comes out of storage on a road trip!

andsodoesmyson.jpg

Wifey gets to relax too, all pooped out from being the photographer!

wifegetstorelax.jpg

So...guess who gets to clean the catch?

cleaningthecatch.jpg

Edited by pikehunter