Cleaning the "Tea Stain" - recommendations please

lilkynan

Has a great week last week on West Nipissing - kids had a great time, and were actually not far from Lakair resort. But - when I pulled the boat out, it had the notorious Tea Stain - tried the following

Goo Gone

White Mr Clean Eraser

Crud Killer

Water

Soap

What works to get this cleaned off??

Any one who knows what works best??

Thanks

Greg

Going to post my report this week with pics - fishing was slow but we got a few

Javex Bleach and water.Spray it on and let it sit about 2 minutes and then wash it off.Works great.I pour it in the hull of my boat mixed with water and leave it in while i go fishing for the day and when I get home I pull the plug and rinse it all out.It leaves the inside of the hull looking like new.No more slime.

Guest skeeter99

swish toilet bowl cleaner or zep toilet bowl cleaner(home depot) $10 a gallon apply with long handle brush

I used to use the stuff when I detailed boats and sleds for my friends business in port perry, will take anything off, warning though dont do it on the grass it will burn it out

Troy

swish toilet bowl cleaner or zep toilet bowl cleaner(home depot) $10 a gallon apply with long handle brush

I used to use the stuff when I detailed boats and sleds for my friends business in port perry, will take anything off, warning though dont do it on the grass it will burn it out

Troy

There's a Swish store in Barrie at 526 Bryne Dr. (unit A). The toilet bowl cleaner does an excellent job on both fibreglass and aluminum. You can try Tuby bathroom cleaner as well for something a little less corrosive. Spray or brush on, let sit for a few minutes, lightly scrub and rinse well.

Both are available in smaller 1L bottles as well, you don't need to get a gallon.