Six mile lake

Guest Johnny Bass

Guest Johnny Bass

I am thinking of going to six mile lake this weekend. Where is the free launch?

And are there any bigger bass over 4 llbs and what is more dominant? LM or SM bass? I also may head to Muskoka Lake

I am thinking of going to six mile lake this weekend. Where is the free launch?

And are there any bigger bass over 4 llbs and what is more dominant? LM or SM bass? I also may head to Muskoka Lake

Not to sure about the free launch bud. As for the bass,drop shot the islands.

Watchout for UNMARKED shoals.

I would concider Muskoka over Six.

Guest Johnny Bass

yes, though I like working new water and have never been to six mile! Are the LM or SM bass more dominant and are there any big bass in there?

Sorry missed that one.

You will be surprised what and where you catch these fish. If you remember last year I won big smallie there.Caught on a senko in 1.6 fow under pads. :w00t: what the heck.

Then after that I was getting buckets in deep weeds rock shoals. Go figure.

Im not sure what is dominant. I was catching both.

I guess the only advise would be to fish it like you would Muskoka. I would say Kashe,but I havent fished there yet. ;):whistling::Gonefishing:

I havent forgot.LOL

As for launching,you can do the park or follow the Six Mile Lake Marina signs.You will see it on 69.

Edited by misfish

hey johny, cant really remember where the launch is exactly but if you follow the signs off of 69 it will take u right to the marina...im sure it wont be hard to find...we found it in the dark...lol......by the way just got in from simcoe...went out by myself...only got to fish for about 1.5 hours then the waves went up to 4feet...fished a new spot.. the one i told you that i use to fish when i was a kid....went 1 for 3 ....landed a 3lber.....was really hard landing the fish in 3 foot waves...it was like towing in a fish when your trolling but they were peeling drag at the same time....lol....the two that got away were bigins...saw both fish ..one was probly 4lb and the other was easy over 5....so needless to say i hate wind...hahaha

Guest Johnny Bass

Thanks Misfish and Al. I dont think we are doing six mile tomorrow though. I also hate wind when I am fishing for bass. Especially when I want to pick apart structure. Love it for pike and musky though.

1.5 hours???What a tease!At least you live close by! We'll talk about the details later!

I cant wait for the fall!!Those smallies will be gigantic!

I have caught alot of lm and SM in six mile lake draging tubes. I think there may be more smallies. But there are some big ones in there. Some real nice crappies and some pike also. The only place that i know to launch is the provincial park, and thats not free.

lol , whole new ball game for sure in the fall but last fall on simcoe was pretty good ...im sure there wil be some hogs in the boat this fall...lol

Well ya know,there are a few tourneys being held in the late fall.You could always get yer feet wet sorta speak,lol,if ya want.

Guest Johnny Bass

Actually, I'm thinking of upgrading my boat and truck after this season if I could get a decent price for the trade in or private sale. Then we will see. Its hard to do a tournament on big water with a tinnie and a 40 h.p.