Chippewa Creek Report

Decided to take the wife and daughter out for a boat ride around 4:30 on Sunday to a local river, Chippewa Creek. just so happens all the rods and gear are in the boat :clapping: Well we finally stopped in one of my number 3 or 4 spots and of course Dad had to get a rod out,and my little girl had to come up front and watch me, notice the banana, (they are not bad luck)

IMG_0331.jpg

well, shortly into it, i hit a big rock bass and brought him in and than had a small pike come flying out of the water as i took my bait out, so, i dropped it back and watched this feisty baby smack it hard, my daughter watched me and asked me not to hurt him

IMG_0328.jpg

My daughter got interested so i took out a rod for her (crappie/sunnie rod) but the two sunnies and two small largies wanted nothing to do with her. She than started to hint what time it was,

IMG_0330.jpg

So, after i consulted her on worm colours she told me to put the red shad on (her favorite colour), so we motored back towards the launch and i asked my two girls, if they minded me stopping at my number 2 spot, and they both said YES!! My wife put the pressure on saying, "don't waste so much time, just hurry up and catch something"5 minutes in boated a small 10 inch bucket, than moved 50 yards and spotted two keeper size hanging off a stump, dropped in, whammo, nailed the one. Shortly after, nailed the other one. Now the girls were getting excited, so was i :thumbsup_anim: Threw up to one of my favorrite targets, tick, slam, in comes this bad boy

IMG_0332.jpg

and one pic with my daughter beside me

IMG_0334.jpg

Not a monster but a real solid 2 1/2 lber

Well, that was almost the end, as it was getting close to dinner time, wow, 1 hour and a bit of fishing. Not bad i thought. But here is the best part guys, and don't forget to use it. My wife wanted to head in but i told her it was too shallow to get up on plane (yea right, 6 fow ,lol)so i would have to move us deeper with the trolling motor and of course fish as i did this, well, don't i bang 2 more 1 plus pound buckets and see another 3 better ones, God, if there was only more time.... I did try to slow down but my wife is a sharp woman and gave me that look and asked, are we deep enough yet? :lol: Hope you enjoy reading as much as i enjoyed my time albeit too short for my liking with my family on a boat ride with a little fishing in between.

John

ps, hope to have a report from family vacation on Rice next week. need to desperately bang a few hawgs next week!!!