Wollaston Lake, Anyone been ?

thecraftyprince

Hoping someone here has fished Wollaston Lake near Coe Hill and can tell me what swims in them there waters. Sport fish consumption guide has only listed buckets and bronzebacks but there must be walleye and pike, possibly muskie and lake trout ? Is it a deep or shallow lake ? Weedy/rocky ? Not soliciting any spots/lures/colours etc. just the 'lay of the land' so to speak.

Thanks

Hey Bud,

I have a cottage on Wollaston, nice little lake. As you mentioned, there are largies, smallies, pike and Lake Trout. Largies - hard to beat senkos, dropshotting or a jig/pig at the shallower north end of the lake, there is a large weedline in front of the stone wall "cottage" at that end of the lake. Smallies can be had along that weedline early in the morning, but the truly large smallies suspend over 50-100ft at the other end near the hump feeding on baitfish (spoons work). Pike are everywhere and there are some monsters. No walleye unfortunately. Guy caught a 20lb Laker while I was up, but it expired after the fight, too bad. Most are 1-1.5 lbs.

On the southeast side there is a white Skeeter tied up with a cover, make sure you pitch a few along my dock as I have been letting fish go there while I was up for vacation last week.

Good luck,

If you have anymore questions, just ask.

Pokeherman