Belwood

Fishnfiend

My friend and I are planning to hit Belwood this Saturday. Has anyone been there lately? I tried searching, but the latest mention was the pike derby at the end of May. Feel free to PM me if you want to keep things private.

I am wondering whether I should put the cartopper in by the dam and fish the south end or put it in at the north end and fish up there...? Any hot baits for the lake?

Any help is appreciated.

A buddy and I hit Belwood for about 7 hours a few weeks back. Got totally skunked except for some small catfish off one of the islands. It was my first time on the lake, so I am by no means the master of Belwood, but I kbow how to catch a Bass, and we asked some regulars who said that they had not marked a single fish on thier electronics.

The only action seemed to be at the bottom of the dam where it was shoulder to shoulder. Apparently there are Walleye at Belwwod now, so I assume everyone was going for them.

I am going on another local fishing day next weekend, and from what I have heard, Guelph lake is a better bet.

TIFWIW

i would recommend guelph lake over belwood anytime, but you need an electric motor. a lot less traffic because no gas motors. i would suggest fishing a road that runs through the lake (watson rd.) with tubes and small spinner baits. it is deep on the west side of the road and shallow to the east. it is tougher fishing because the water has receded away from and shore vegetation. mostly smallmouth, and some big ones.