Old line/mono

bassboy

Hiya!

Just curious what everyone does with their old stripped off line? I dont want to throw it in the garbage......and dont know what else to do with it.

I heard some time ago that bait and tackle shops take it in but have never seen any facilities for this.

Any help is gratefully appreciated!

Thanks,

Bill

Not sure if tackle shops still have the line recycling program but you can give your local shop a call to see. I think it might have been Berkley who took the old lines and turned them into plastic crates which would then be submerged into a lake. Bass and panfish would use the crates to spawn in.

I fill my spools 1/3 to 1/2 way with old line and use it as backing...Doesn't exactly eliminate the problem of disposal but it sure saves a few $ each season.

Thanks MJL

I have a whole whack of it here (5 reels worth) and loath to throw it away....like those plastic things that come around cans....I always cut them up so no birds (even if they are seagulls) choke on them or get caught up somehow....I would imagine fishing like would be the same.

Never thought of using it for backing though. Thats a great idea. Thanks!

Bill

I take mine and make booby-traps all around my fishing spot so that when other fishermen come close they end up doing a face plant! :stretcher::devil:

For real though, I make sure that it doesnt go into the water and that it gets wrapped up tight so it cant come lose and tangle up any of mother natures fine creatures.

Oh, I used a spool to net my balcony for my apartment because of the pigeons.

Use it in the garden to tie your plants.

I use it to make feelers and tails when tieing flies for fishing.

Give it to little girls to bead necklaces, don't forget to buy them the beads! Keeps them busy for hours!

Keep it to hang your xmas ornaments. My hangers are always lost when I trim the xmas tree.

I never have enough of the stuff, but....DON'T send me your old stuff. :)

Pam