Kahshe River / Camp Hillbilly.?

Gerritt

Well I could not book this weekend at Bass or Six Mile PP's.... Seems I forgot it is a long weekend!! Argh.... dang I feel slow! LOL...

After numerous phone calls I found a place with a site left... Camp Hillbilly... Has anyone been here?

It is about 20 minutes north of Orillia..

What can I expect to catch there? How was the fishing in General? I am assuming panfish and SMB??

Thanks again guys!

Gerritt.

Gerritt,

I've never been there myself but from what I've seen driving by it on the highway it looks like a bunch of really tiny cabins.......I honestly thought it was like a kids camp or something.....not to mention the Kashe River in that area looks fairly small.....again this is just what I've seen driving by it on highway 11

Brandon... I too have driven by it... it is on 11 south if I remember correctly... it offers camping and cabins... I am looking too take my 2 year old son camping for the first time :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: I did not want to venture to far from home ;) this is a primer for him... as I had planned to take him to Ivanhoe PP.... but decided against it... He reacted odd staying in a cottage in Nipissing... woke up in a strange place etc... and I was not about to drag him 13 hours north to find out the same would happen.. and have to leave after 2 days (or get thrown out) due to complaints... My son is a great kid and loves the outdoors! but.. in the middle of the night he can be a handful and can be hard to calm down once he gets going... Dont get me wrong, He is adorable and everyone thinks what a great kid he is.. but he can be stubborn as well!! The reason for this trip is to see how he handles the tent etc... before we plan more prolonged trips... the fishing is just a bonus :) and god knows He loves to fish!

Gerritt.