July 22nd charter

taper

4 friends from work and myself had booked a charter before Christmas last year and the time finally rolled around and the wait was well worth it. The weather was fantastic, hardly a ripple on the water. The fish were co-operating and it was a great time being with just the guys. The fish were stacked up in small pockets, we could troll for 20-30 minutes and not a bite then bang multiple rods would let loose. We ran riggers, Dypsies, lead core and jet divers behind the planer boards. Here is a shot of one time we had 4 fish on at the same time and boated 3 of the 4, I can live with that kind of odds. gallery_682_227_7381.jpg

We had one trouble during the day and that was with a very large floating weed bed that snuck up on us while we were landing fish.

gallery_682_227_23519.jpg

This is one of my favorite photos from the day, my friend managed to catch this guy in the air.

gallery_682_227_27089.jpg

In the end a great day was had by all and we are already trying to decide on a date for next year, which should be even better. Trophy Taker the charter we went out with is putting a second boat on and we want to go ten guys with each chipping in 5 or 10 bucks for a biggest fish of the day competition.

Also we noticed back at the dock we were one fish over our limit ( someone forgot to hit the clicker) so we donated it to our captain for dinner. Next year we will have to keep a closer eye.

gallery_682_227_26956.jpg