GTA CARP-A-LICOUS

gforce

Hey all,

Went fishing in the GTA with my rookie fisher-friend.

We went to Lake Aquitane to try and nail rainbows or bass.... NO LUCK. Spent a few hours there with fake salmon eggs, flys and bass stuff.

We tried to get some worms along Lakeshore.... no luck.... so we said "We will give it a go anyways!"

So, we went under the bridges at the mouth of the humber. Again, casting etc... the water was like 4" of visibility.. no luck!

So, we moved towards Lake O. ( between the lakeshore bridge and the freaky foot bridge on the west side ) and dropped some jigs tipped with a fake salmon egg.

Casting and bumping the bottom slow!

Right at the break wall, I got a huge tug and figured it was a carp and I was right. I was using a light action set-up with 20lb Power pro with a 12lb flurocarbon leader. That sucker fought for 15 minutes!

I hand landed the monster and I figured it was over 25lbs. Monster!

My friend was next. He figured it was a snag at first until it started swimming. I showed him how to use the drag on his reel. His rod was bent right over and he was freaking out with excitement. A few onlookers stopped to watch as he battled his fish.

He had 8lb. mono....

Yes, it broke off after 5 minutes ( i figured weeds or a rock ).

He was shaking with excitement and now he wants to return another day to land his first fish!

Thanks for the hints from the GTA folks out there!