BBQ Help Please (NF) *Updated*

Joey

Of course the doc put me on a vegetarian diet for 3 months so I haven't had any need for the Q lately :wallbash:

Well I'll take it off your hands then Verno :lol:

I thought of the regulator, but it worked fine before I changed the burner so I don't think its that. I'm going to start with the burner to see if I bought the right one first and go from there with everyone's suggestions and Gerritts kind offer to help. I'll keep yous updated.

Thanks

Joey

Edited by Joey

Joey, I've changed many BBQ burners in my time. The last one was about a month ago. As other have suggested, I'm sure that you have an air mixture problem. You're not getting air into the burners, hence the orange sooty flame. It's very important to make sure that the propane outlets, attached to the BBQ, fit nicely into the receptacles on the new burner. If they are pushed too far in, you've cut off your air supply to the fuel mixture. Mind you, if you purchased the right replacement burner and installed it properly, that shouldn't happen. The propane outlet attached to your BBQ should sit freely into the inlets on the new burner. They really should not be touching anything. You should have a set screw for adjusting the fuel/air mixture. Find this and open it up wide open (so you can see the most of the inlet) and try lighting the BBQ. This will supply you with the maximum air to the fuel mixture, which may not be ideal, but should give you a roaring blue flame. From there you can dial it in to give you a nice flame as described in your new burner installation manual. If this doesn't work, just drop it by my house and I'll have it running tip top in no time. :rolleyes:

Okay, I went to the store and that is the standard BBQ burner they sell for all BBQ's. It says for most gas BBQ's, so I'm assuming that means propane.

Bucktail, the BBQ is a Broil-Mate, with a back warming burner and a side cooking burner as well.

Dan, I did what you said, save for the screw adjustment as there wasn't one. Still big orange flame, and when I turned it down to a smaller flame, it just went out and I don't think that's right either. I'm stumped and almost ready to heave it.

Thanks

Joey

Okay, I went to the store and that is the standard BBQ burner they sell for all BBQ's. It says for most gas BBQ's, so I'm assuming that means propane.

Joey

Get the right one for your model and I'll bet that you'll be cooking up a storm in no time. Make sure that your make and model # is on the box. I don't see how there can be a generic burner for all BBQ's. That should be illegal in fact because it's dangerous.

ahhh the ol' BBQ is acting up...

my advice, do exactly what DanC said. take your make and model number into whichever hardware store you go to, they'll bring out a little book (i think its pink this year if i'm not mistaken) and they'll order you the exact burner that was meant for your BBQ. its soooo much easier installing something that is meant to be there. generic burners can work, but like DanC said not the easiest or safest things to deal with.

when all else fails, bring'er to ol' Gilmer's Homehardware in good ol' port hope... and i'll install it for ya! :thumbsup_anim:

They said take it back (need the bill tho, which I don't have) to the place of purchase and get a refund.

Joey

I am really starting to get ticked off with companies' refund policies. I recently bought (shopping with the wife earns mega brownie points :lol: ) a curtain rod from BouClair and they wouldn't take it back without the receipt. The item was their own, meaning it is branded with BouClair on the box and I was returning it less than 24hours from when I purchased it and it hadn't been opened. It was even the same dang cashier that sold it to me telling me it wasn't possible.

I was really ticked. We are just settling into the new house and trying to keep things organized and tidy while doing so, so little pieces of paper tend to go missing easily. I finally found the receipt and was I ever glad to take it back and get my money, letting them know I will no longer shop there EVER again.

Add to that an EXPIRED $100 Canadian Tire gift card, Expired TryThat.ca gift certificate ($500) and a Home Depot card that I can't get change from (bought something for $43 on a $50 card, now there is $7 remaining) why can't they just give you the cash change?!

Since when does money EXPIRE!?

Sorry for the rant, I had to stop typing when I realized how long this was getting :lol:

Tony