Took the little guy out yesterday for some panfish...

siwash

Third trip of the year and he's loving it.. He'll be 6 in August so stil using a bait cast and hasn't quite figured out the cast yet (admittedly I haven't let him try it yet). 

Anyhow, so far we've hit Dalrymple, Cooks and Balsam, which we fished yesterday.  Always heard great things about Balsam but we got skunked there yesterday..  We fished in front of the park from 5 to 18 feet (the drop off) but not a single panfish caught, which surprised me.

Next on the list is Cameron... I've also heard good things about it. Anyone want to share their favourite panfish lake, I'd love to hear from you! We are near the 400 and 9 so anything within 2 hours of that or so, would be fine.  

Those of you who followed my thread on my lower unit oil leak - motor has run well so far since that thread earlier in the spring. I haven't drained the oil yet but plan to do so this week.  But the motor is running strong so I am hoping all is good!

Edited by siwash
  • Like 3

...and for panfish my kids would catch them non-stop when we vacationed on Pigeon Lake. I always had a line of kids standing in front of me while I removed bluegill, sunnies and rockers and re-baited hooks. We would vacation with a group of people and I was the dad who fished. But all the kids liked to. They would get an hour twice a day where we would fish from shore and I had a never ending line of fish hanging from scooby doo and barbie rods. Good times

• Like 4