Now don't laugh please

English

Hey English, I enjoyed reading your posts and remembering the days,,,lol,, i came over from the North west, Lancs, 18 years ago, and now cant believe the salmon fishing we have here in Toronto, right on our doorstep, got the boat that we would never dream of back home, kitted out and ow my kids fight 30 pound plus salmon during the summer, sure beats heading up to Ulswater for a day of 2 lb browns and then to seaforth docks for flatties and makeral, Oh but i do miss the stop off in Blackpool on the way home at night,,,hahahaha.

Its hard for people here to understand that you need a seperate rod license for each county, plus you have to pay to fish or join a club to be able to fish anywhere except the sea.

If your ever over this way we should set up an ENGLISH salmon charter trip...lol get all the expats on my small boat,,,hahahahha

cheers

Ian

For a high school trip (1988), I stayed with a family in Knaresborough for a week....we were participating the Harrogate International Music Festival. Couldn't understand a word anyone was saying...LOL.

Hey now i sounmd somehwta like a yorkie...& you understand me. :P;)

Were you at the conference centre cliff? Harrogate is a beautuful town they call it the snob town of yorkshire.....

English u must know about the famous bed races then? I was in it a couple of times myself all dressed up as...Well i'm not going to say!. :D ..I got photo's too but no way am i posting em in here.

You must know mother of shiptons too? & yes indeed small world.

The pub looks to have changed alot since i was living there what you can see as gardens now out back used to be just a graveled car park.

English,

You're right - I'm certainly thinking twice about returning to England and not just because of the great fishing here in Ontario. Unfortunately though I have to go where my job takes me and where I will have the best career prospects. Though just iun case I will be looking into how to get Canadian residency status - not sure how easy that is though?

If it was a fishing decision - it would be an easy decision. Compare my local day ticket fishing for tiny roach and perch in a muddy looking canal in London, England with fishing for huge carp and pike, hard fighting bass, beautiful looking sunfish and strange creatures like bullhead and bowfin in the 'clear' waters of the Toronto Islands (for free!). There's no contest.

One good thing though about the UK is that you get a lot more holiday/vacation entitlement - so I could probably see/fish more of Ontario by coming over from the UK! Not quite so good on the bank balance though :-(

Cheers

Edited by OO7

Hi, there, I see you're talking about me. I'm Neil, the buddy English was talking about. I was over in Ottawa in the first week of June, heading up to Lake Temagami for a week with 8 Canadians. Second time up there, weather not as good as last year,Canada.Temagami2007046.jpg

Caught northerns, lakers and walleye drank a lot of beer and rum. Stayed with Rick (used to be at Ketchn'any Lodge, now sold it and started up Wishn'you were fishin) really great guy, and his cabins are the best, even a hot tub. Also he keeps some 13 footers for hire on back lakes so you can portage in with a small outboard.

Canada.Temagami2007029.jpg

After a week up there, it was back to Ottawa for some fishing on the river and some good Canadian hospitality, plenty of beers and barbecues. Looking forward to next year.

Hi,mate, good to see you're enjoying the site.

I was telling English in an e- mail that I'm going to the Isle of Man next wedneday. It's an island halfway betwwen England and Ireland, I'm hoping to fish off the jetties and even try to get a boat out to do some sea- fishing. It's a lovely place and I'm looking forward to it

IsleofManAugust004.jpg

Though what chance have you got when there's a line of seals along the jetty, waiting for someone to catch a fish? You haul like crazy and you're lucky to haul out a pair of lips on your hook.