Looking 4 Fish

smokinall4s

Hello, I am new to fishing and I just recently took my son (5 yrs) out the the FREE fishing weekend (July 6-8) and he loves it. We got new fishing rods ($10), will be getting better ones soon now that he likes it. We have the basics for fishing but we live in Oshawa, Ontario and I was wondering if anyone knows of some spots where we can go fishing with the likelyhood of catching some fish? We caught two on our first day but they were from the Oshawa creek so they really aren't the keepable kind. If anyone can help us out with some good spots to fish then we would appreicate it. I would like to keep the areas within an hour of Oshawa and we don't have a boat. Thank you.

hello and welcome aboard! i live in the states so cant help ya with the fishing, but want to commend you on taking your little man out and introducing him to the sport we love. hope ya get some good advice here and best of luck catching some fish.

jason

Hey there! Welcome to the board! I'm in the Oshawa area as well...with a few kids who also like fishing. Our 5 year old daughter loves to head out. Oshawa creek isn't a great spot if you have young kids. I've sent a PM with some local information for kid friendly fishing.

Good luck out there!