Nearby Fishing Location to catch some whitebass or walleye

MasterYoda

Hi Anglers,

I recently moved to North York, Ontario from Saskatachewan. Could someone help me where I can do shore fishing to catch some whitebass, bass, walleyes? Also what type of setup, jigs, bait I should use? or which fish to catch this type of the season?

Many Thanks

White_Bass.jpg

Bay of Quinte has a decent population of Silver (White) Bass. From shore try the Trent River below #1 Dam at Trenton. Might be a little late as they typically run into the rivers in late May. The Moira and Napanee Rivers also get runs. I've always had no problem catching them with a #1 silver Mepps spinner tipped with a little piece of worm. Small tube jigs like you would use for Crappie work well too. A lot of fun on UltraLight tackle.

As for Walleye or Bass from shore, try below the dams and locks on the rest of the Trent/Severn system. Can't go wrong tossing a 1/4 oz jig with a curly or paddle tail soft plastic. Keep in mind some areas are sanctuaries, and SmallMouth and Largemouth Bass season in southern Ontario doesn't open for another couple of weeks. There are also slot sizes if you plan to keep any Walleyes.

Best of luck !

https://www.ontario.ca/document/ontario-fishing-regulations-summary

Edited by CrowMan